Sunday, January 2, 2011

A little sewing, and the lycra madness has begun

A little sewing today.  Last night I finished smocking a bishop for my niece.  I started it back at convention.  Today, I spent about 3 hours just doing the placket and putting on the bias band.  I need to remember to do the placket/bias before I smock the top cable row.  It is all wonky.  I still need to finish the construction, but think I have the length about figured out.  Then I want to make a pair of bloomers to go with it before I mail them

And the lycra madness....Today I measured the beginner team, and marked their dresses for deconstruction and reconstruction, along with working on the male skaters shirt.  My goal is to do 2 dresses a day, so they are done for the weekend.  Then bring my machines with me all day Sunday so I can alter them at their practice, and hem the pants for the OJ and Intermediate teams as most of the girls think they were too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment