Sunday, July 3, 2011

PBJ Kids Rebecca Lynn

A week or so ago, I posted about some gifts I had made for my nieces first birthday.  One of the gifts I made was a kit from PeanutButter-n-Jelly Kids at Saga Convention last fall.  It was a kit for their Rebecca Lynn smocked bishop.  Bishop Kit

First, I will say that I don't normally buy kits, but there was a convenience factor that it would allow me to start right away, so I could finish right away.  I did start right away, but did not finish.  The kit on the website says that it is swiss, and I paid the swiss price.  While I know it was not a poly cotton kit, it was not Swiss Batitste.  I am thinking it was probably Pima Cotton.

The smocking was very time consuming.  Then I finally got it done, and decided to make it a tad shorter than the Ellen McCarn bishop since my niece is not walking, and IMO, shorter lengths are better for crawling.  Well I didn't measure properly, and ended up taking to much off the bottom.  Luckily I had fabric in my stash that matched the binding.  I ended up cutting a piece 6 inches wide the width of the bottom.  Stitched it into a circle and folded in half.  After that, I serged the band on to the bottom of the dress that was cut 3 inches shorter than the desired length.

I also made a pair of bloomers out of the same gingham from a Simplicity pattern.

Close Up View
Yes, the bias is wonky, I'm not sure why

 View of Bloomers
 Full View of Dress
I am hoping to see pictures of it on her soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment