For this year, my goal is to keep track of my projects (I do have a few from the end of last year, I may add), and to sew for 5 hours a week, in a somewhat organized fashion.
By organized, I mean keeping my sewing room neat, as well as having a plan an an order to what I sew. I have lots of intended projects that I would like to finish up, lots of fabric to use.
At a minimum, for here, each Sunday I hope to make a quick review of what I have completed, and the next items on my to do list. My actual wish to do list is very long. I am thinking if I keep a list of the top 5 for each week, things will feel manageable. Things can always be moved around, of course, but it should help me stay focused.
For this week my top five items are:
- Mini Axelgirls Christmas present. All I can say is it is doll related. Axelgirl has planned out a theme, accessories are purchased, now it is up to me to do the clothing, and pull it all together.
- Winter Guard flags for FHN. Another mom and I are working on these together. We have 33 left to do. Luckily they are just one piece this season, so are much simpler than the ones for fall.
- Mini Axelgirl needs a new skating dress. Axelgirl needs to give me the final design, and I need to get measurements but we have the fabric and it shouldn't be to difficult.
- Skirt and Hat for Axelgirl. I found some suiting fabric in pink/purple/silver in my stash. I think it would be cute in straight skirt, and she has asked for a matching hat. I am thinking the tan one here with flowers instead of a bow. http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m6450-products-14897.php?page_id=104
- Clothing protectors for school. Several students I work with need to use clothing protectors for drool, or while they eat. Many that are available are to immature for high school students, or are not large enough. I have several ideas I would like to try to see if they work.
I should add that I don't necessarily plan on finishing all of the items. Even finishing or working on one or two, and being able to track the progress will help me feel like I have accomplished something.
I have many other things that are priority as well, but I need to narrow it down to not feel overwhelmed. If anyone has any suggestions on how to manage a list of want to do and must dos please let me know.
Happy New Year, May everyone have a wonderful 2013.