Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Diva Bibs and Burp Rags

Axelgirls skating coach is expecting her first niece later this month.  Coach is just a little bit excited about this.  When I was looking at embroidery designs I found the "don't make me call my aunt' design, I knew I had to do it for her.
Then, that was done rather quickly, so I decided to do a skate design, after all she is a skating coach, and I'm sure she plans on teaching her to skate.  Then just for fun, I decided to add a high heel shoe.  Typically, when I do baby gifts I don't coordinate the different sets, but this time I decided to.  The pink/black cheetah print is from my scraps.  It's old. I made Axelgirl a tiered skirt out of it, probably 6 or 7 years ago.  This is why you don't throw away scraps  :)  It seemed perfect for this set.    The silver is a hologram lycra, left over from a skating dress.  I love using the lycra for applique.  The way it stretches makes it easy to trim, but it is not practical for everything. The ribbon is probably from Hobby Lobby, again something I had.  It is a pink and black Zebra print.  I questioned putting the two different prints together, but Axelgirl said is was good.  I hope she liked the sets as much as she said she did.  Bibs are from Kohl's I was out of the blanks, and the diapers were probably from Target.  They are definately for a future Diva.  Pictures aren't perfect, I didn't press before taking them.




Machine Embroidery Link Don't make me call my Aunt






Machine Embroidery Link:  High Heeled Shoe







I'm pretty sure this is the design I used.  It was one I have had for at least 1 1/2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment