Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gowns Pleated

Well, I finally got the gowns pleated today.  It took me much longer than I think it should have.  Next time I will just narrow serge the seams rather than roll hemming them.  I have 10 gowns pleated, 3 size 6 month bishops with no intended recipient, and 4 gown fronts traced for embroidery.  They all need final construction, but I can do that later in the summer.

I'm not sure what the final trick was in pleating them.  I still broke a needle about every other gown, but the bishops went through easily.

So I am going to get my list back to 5 for this week.  Here it is in no particular order:


  1. Clothing Protectors
  2. Summer dress for Axelgirl.  There are several choices for this.
  3. Summer shirt for mom
  4. New nightgown for mom
  5. Stitch up Make a Ladybug Wish.  Still debating on size.  Will do either a 3 or 4, using Pitter Patter Betsy.  I had the pattern name wrong yesterday.
Since there are still several good hours left in the day, I think I am going to go see what I can do for ME!  I have several nice peices of fabric waiting to be sewn up.  I'm thinking a new shirt, if I can't make a decision on that, it will be a nightgown.


1 comment:

  1. That is so much work! I know the families who receive the gowns will be so thankful.

    ReplyDelete