What I have upstairs to work on:
- yarn, crochet hooks, and books. Trying to learn to crochet the right way, and have been making dishcloths. Lots of errors on those
- Wee care, over a half dozen gowns needing either smocking or embroidery
- 3-6mth bishops to be smocked
- Several Wendy Schoen embroidery books
- 2 inserts to smock
- Another nightgown for me to smock
Last weekend, I finished the Primrose Lane Victorian Dreams nightgown for me (with lots of modifications)
I will say, the sizing seems generous. I went with my RTW size in tops. I wasn't worried about the fit in the hip, since I knew there was plenty of fullness. I really think I could have gone down another size as well. I also don't care for the amount of fullness in it. While it is pretty and flowy, it gets in my way. I am starting another one, and will go down a size, and only use 44" width for both pieces as well. I will add TOG interfacing to bulk up the pleats, and smock a smaller center section to compensate.
I made it from some silk I picked up in Tucson last year. I am thinking it was at SAS Fabrics by the pound. I can't find a website for them, but it was definitely warehouse style. I picked up several pieces of silk there, along with a few other things. I'm not sure what 'type' of silk it was, but it is about a lawn weight, and really soft and drapey. It was a little hard to work with, but it feels really nice. Because it was hard to work with, no close ups of some of the seams and the piping :) It is a really pretty coral color.
Honestly, I did not follow the construction directions, so I can't comment on them. Everything except the piping and armhole bias are done on the serger. The next one I will do the same. I have some lawn picked out for the next one. I found the silk very difficult to do the piping with, both hard to make, and hard to stitch to the garment.