Sunday, May 5, 2013

Either really late or a bit early

I finished up several to-do items today, along with working on several others this week.  Not sure exactly what has made me so productive, but I will take it.

For this week:

  1. I started a nightgown for me.  I am modifying a smocked Primrose Lane pattern.  I was going to make  a shirt from some silk I had, but it felt so nice, and I had enough, I decided to make a smocked nightgown.  I deserve nice things to.  I started the smocking last week, and am almost finished.  Will share details when it is complete.
  2. Started a skirt for Axelgirl.  It just needs to be checked for size and hemmed.  I will probably roll hem both layers, so once we determine the length it should be quick and easy.  She hasn't had much time do to end of semester homework crunch for fittings.
  3. Did the clothing protectors for students.  They are in the laundry so once washed and dried I will share pics and information.  I'm hoping they work well.
  4. Finished up the Pitter Patter Betsy, that was smocked with Make a Ladybug Wish.  This is the one that is either really late, I think I started it for my neice who is now in 5th grade when she was 5 or 6.  I cut it down I bit on length, and it will probably be a Birthday present for my neice who will be 3 in July (the early part).
Here are pictures and details of the dress:

Front of dress.  Collar was left off and I added piping and bias to the neckline.  Dress is Imperial Broadcloth, not sure of the shade.  I think I bought it intending to make Sherbet Fizz for Axelgirl.  Maybe Waterlily Green looking at a color chart, but I'm not sure.  It really is a nice shade, limey enough but not to yellow.
Back of dress.  While I like the color, it was hard to match for buttons an.d thread.  Looing back, I should have piped and done the buttons in one of the smocking colors
 Close-up of smocking.  There are a few errors in it, but hopefully they aren't too noticeable.  The left blue wing has an extra stitch width in it, and the pink ladybug should have been two colors.
 I chose this pattern because if I remember properly, I liked how they fit.  They were a bit long for play clothes, but otherwise fit Axelgirl well.  I also like this one better than Mary De, or PP Paige, because of the smaller armhole.

Hopefully my SIL, BIL, and niece will like it and wear it as a play dress. I hope to do a coordinating dress for Bitty Baby to go with it for her birthday.  Since I doubt if I have a smocking design that will work with it, I am going to look for some small ME ladybug designs or small buttons in the correct colors to stitch on it.

Since 2 projects on my list are well in the works, my top 6 for the upcoming week are:


  1. Add stones to a skating dress.  She is taking the Killian and the Starlight Waltz on Saturday.  We are using  dress I made last summer for the Silver Tango, and modifying it.
  2. Finish skirt I started for Axelgirl.  Just needs hem.  This counts as a dress.
  3. Summer shirt for me
  4. Finish Nightgown for mom, smocking almost completed
  5. Make doll dress to match ladybug dress
  6. Finish blouse I started for a Mary De I made last summer, let out hem on Mary De.  This will also go to 3yo neice.
  7. I thought there was something else, but can't remember at this time, so I will leave a blank space on here for when I do remember.


1 comment:

  1. Your long "to-do list" matches the length of mine. The more you have in the works, the more you can finish!

    ReplyDelete