Sunday, June 2, 2013

Keeping track

Not much to report this week.  I've been busy trying to keep up on things. We had a new small chest freezer delivered this week, so I spent some time shopping and filling it.  I also made 11 freezer meals yesterday to have during recovery from knee surgery.  Hopefully it won't be that bad, but if it is, I'm prepared, and if not, I have meals ready to pop in the oven or microwave.

Last week I finished a sash for a flower girl dress, and forgot to post pictures.  Dress is from David's Bridal and they wanted a colored sash to go with it.  They provided material, not sure where it is from.  This is very similar to what David's Bridal offers for the same dress for $10.00.  I have it safety pinned in place and it should hang better on an actual person.



I also pleated up another nightgown for me.  It is adequately aged stash.  It is a Woodrow Studio London Lawn.  Not sure of it's original intent, but I have claimed it for me.  It feels almost as nice as the silk, but I like the fact that it is not as sheer.  It may end up not smocked, as I can't figure out the colors. I have tried the green, light pink, and dark pink.  Nothing really is jumping out at me.  I may try the yellow next, but not sure that is the look I want.  I had in mind something with bullion roses for the smocking design.


We are headed off to Purdue shortly for a campus visit.  I brought along two of the six month bishops I have to smock.  Hopefully I will make some progress.

In looking at my list, I never posted the pink and orange skirt for axelgirl I finished.  I will try to remember to do that next time.

My top 5 items are:


  1. New pair of skating pants for Axelgirl.  She has grown since the last pairs I made, so I need to redraft the pattern.  She is planning on skating more this summer so I need to get this done before my surgery
  2. Above nightgown for me
  3. Doll dress to match previously posted ladybug dress
  4. Summer shirt for me
  5. Mary De and matching blouse for neice.

No comments:

Post a Comment