Last week I finished a sash for a flower girl dress, and forgot to post pictures. Dress is from David's Bridal and they wanted a colored sash to go with it. They provided material, not sure where it is from. This is very similar to what David's Bridal offers for the same dress for $10.00. I have it safety pinned in place and it should hang better on an actual person.
I also pleated up another nightgown for me. It is adequately aged stash. It is a Woodrow Studio London Lawn. Not sure of it's original intent, but I have claimed it for me. It feels almost as nice as the silk, but I like the fact that it is not as sheer. It may end up not smocked, as I can't figure out the colors. I have tried the green, light pink, and dark pink. Nothing really is jumping out at me. I may try the yellow next, but not sure that is the look I want. I had in mind something with bullion roses for the smocking design.
We are headed off to Purdue shortly for a campus visit. I brought along two of the six month bishops I have to smock. Hopefully I will make some progress.
In looking at my list, I never posted the pink and orange skirt for axelgirl I finished. I will try to remember to do that next time.
My top 5 items are:
- New pair of skating pants for Axelgirl. She has grown since the last pairs I made, so I need to redraft the pattern. She is planning on skating more this summer so I need to get this done before my surgery
- Above nightgown for me
- Doll dress to match previously posted ladybug dress
- Summer shirt for me
- Mary De and matching blouse for neice.