Unfortunately, there are not a lot of princess plates available for certain princesses. Fortunately for me, a sewing friend had designed one for personal use, and gave me permission to copy it. I was able to recreate it from a picture, by counting stitches. All of the princesses have the same basic shape and just changes for the style of dress and hair. I am pretty pleased with how it turned out, except for the hair and faces of them.
Axelgirl gave the dress to MiniAxelgirl today while they were skating together. They are preparing a duet for a summer competition, using a song featuring Ariel and Ursala. MiniAxelgirl will be Ariel, and Axelgirl will be Ursala. With some modifications, this years Winter Guard costume will be the Ursala costume.
There was enough room for 5 Princesses on the dress. Deciding which ones to use was the challenge. The original plate had 4, Belle, Snow White, Ariel, and Cinderella. I did not do Belle or Snow White, but added Tiana, Rapunzel, and Aurora. I did not get pictures of each princess when finished.
Each princess took 3-4 hours to complete. But it was worth it when I saw the pictures. I have had a lot of time on my hands since my knee surgery, so am trying to take advantage of it. I've been doing a lot of stitching, and a lot of ripping out, when I don't like how things look
From Left, Ariel (in her pink dress), Rapunzel (hair is made from 4 strand bullions done on 5 long darner, wrapped around each other), Tiana, Cinderella, and Aurora.
Mini Axelgirl showing off her new dress. I think she looks happy. Spinning in a dress is usually a sign of approval, I think. I didn't go today, as I didn't want to deal with crutches and the rain at the same time.