Sunday, July 7, 2013

Muslins

I have had plans to make Axelgirl a dress from McCalls 6518 for a while.  pattern  She picked out an aqua blue linen/rayon blend.  The edges of the ruffles are going to be roll hemmed on the serger in bright pink, and the ribbon will be bright pink.

I did the muslins a few weeks ago.  She measures almost a perfect size 14.  So I started there.  It was huge on her.  Next I made a size 12, and it fit perfect.  I'm not sure why the discrepancy, and am wondering if anyone else has noticed this.  I used up some stash as well for this, but did not line or anything like that so the dresses aren't wearable.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about this yesterday...made something not long ago in size 2...a bit small for the gal. This time using a different companny..size 8..it also looks too small...what gives with patterns these days?? AND WHY CAN:T we get both patterns/ready to wear to match in sizing...very frustrating to explain to people. Making it difficult for anyone to sew for anyone ...
    As for your dresses...can you finish them so they can go to someone who needs?? or redo to fit her??

    AND this is whhy I can't sew for me...nothing fits ...even when I cut 'big'...LOL

    ReplyDelete