Monday, July 8, 2013

Robots for Engineering Camp

Axelgirl recently went to an Introduction to Engineering Camp at Missouri S&T.  At the time, I was in the process of making her new pajama pants.  She picked out this fabric for her camp pjs.  She felt the robots were appropriate for camp.
 I do not have a picture of the pj pants, but they were normal big 3 pattern.  The only change I make is I add a buttonhole on each side of the center seam on the front.  I then attach ribbon to the side seams and run it out the button holes, so they can be tightened up as necessary.  I started doing this when she was little to help her tell the front from the back of her pants.

I had a few scraps left over so in addition to the pj pants she got a matching pillowcase.  Again nothing fancy or unique.  Her pillow is a memory foam pillow, so standard pillow cases do not fit it, so I tweak the measurements a bit. Green fabric is pima microcheck, with an orange polka dot ribbon for trim.  I would love to have a bolt of each color of the microcheck.  It comes in handy for so many things.


No comments:

Post a Comment