Monday, September 16, 2013

Baby Shower Gift

A Coworker is expecting her first baby on September 27.  (I'm rooting for September 15, because it's. my birthday).  We were going to have a baby shower for her, but it was delayed due to her having some gall bladder issues and put on bed rest.  Her and baby are doing fine now.


These were all made the first day I had my new sewing machine.  Have I mentioned how much I love it?

For baby shower gifts I pretty much give some combination of bib/blanket/burprag sets.  For this one I chose to make 3 sets.  Bibs and diapers are from Target.  Blanket fabric is from Joanns, ribbon is from stash, most likely Joanns, Hancocks, or Hobby Lobby.

First set is a monogram since they are so popular right now.  You can't see it in the blanket fabric, but it has silver glitter around the tear drops.  I picked the cupcake ribbon because it had the same colors as the blanket.  I do not remember the source of the monogram font.
 Next is Hello Kitty.  Mom to Be is a big Hello Kitty fan, and since baby was a girl, there just had to be Hello Kitty included.  HK ME design is from here http://www.etsy.com/shop/DigitizingDolls?ref=l2-shop-info-name
 Last was a butterfly design from www.designsbyjuju.com  I use a lot of her designs and love them.  The room is brown, pink and aqua, so throughout I tried to find things that would work with that theme.




Scheduled on 9/14 to publish on 9/16

No comments:

Post a Comment