Sunday, December 15, 2013

What I've been working on

3 months since I have posted.  Wow.  I really need to be better for my own benefit about posting.  I know I have done things in that time but not taken many pictures.  Here they are, in no particular order, other than what I remember

First here are the color guard flags I made for last season.  I promised pictures but had to wait until they had performed.  There were 16 of each flag.  The white were easy as far as flags go.  The blue and orange ones took about 5-7 hours each.  I have stuff for 2 sets for winter guard in the basement.  Once the majority of Christmas sewing is done, then they take priority.  Jan 15 is my target date for them.



What else have I done in those 3 months.  There have been some things but not a lot.  I am probably leaving out items as well, as I am getting sloppy about remembering to take pictures.

3 sets towels for Christmas gifts, embroidered with this from www.designsbyjuju.com  No pictures taken

Elegant Christmas Embossed Monogram

16 drawstring backpacks, as made in previous posts for the Winter Guard.  No pictures taken.  They are made with a gray bottom, and a lavender vine/heart pattern from Joanns.  Their name is embroidered on the purple section in gray.  For the coaches, it is embroidered in purple.  Here is a picture of the accent fabric.


The band did not get to go to homecoming due to a competition.  So one of the parents organized a band-coming for them.  I got to make my first 'fancy' dress.  It is one of the big 3 patterns, can't remember which one.  Fabric is the Joanns Casa collection satin with glitter.  She chose the feather fouf for accent on the belt.  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the night of the dance, because I didn't put a card in the camera.





Our band does something special for the seniors at each competition during the season.  Different parents volunteer to donate snacks or other goodies.  We had 18 seniors this year.  I ordered some drawstring bags from Oriental Trading, and embroidered them with a music note and their names, and loaded them with goodies.  Gatorade, chips, cookies, and gum.  The bags were just the right size to hold this.



At the overnight competition, A bigger gift was given where we all chip in.  They decided on pillowcases.  I did the embroidery for these  Again there were 18 of them.    This is what was embroidered on them.  This was a sample of the stitchout for approval before I started.  Again, I forgot to take pictures.

Again, no picture, but I embroidered a name on a baby blanket for my brother to give as a baby gift, he purchased the blanket.

Then there was Christmas sewing for my niece and nephew.  

My nephew is getting a Thomas toy for Christmas.  So his item had to be related to Thomas.  Again, no picture.  I purchased a pair of sweats, a white T-shirt, and Thomas underwear.  The white t-shirt was embroidered with a train design in the colors of Thomas. I had actually purchased a Thomas embroidery design from a seller on Etsy, but it did not stitch out to my satisfaction, so I went another route.

My 'slightly' spoiled niece is getting a My Little Pony toy for Christmas.  To go with that she is getting 2 dresses.  A Mary De, and a Lucy, along with coordinating doll dresses. She is getting MLP Panties as well.  The smocking is based on Cross Eyed Cricket Pretty Little Ponies with some changes.  Embroidery design is from www.designsbyjuju.com.  Blouse is Mary De blouse with Carol sleeves.  




Tonight I decided to start on Mini-Axelgirls Christmas present.  She wants a new skating dress.  Since there is not a good way to get new measurements without raising suspicions, I decided to make her a doll dress in the style of her new dress.  Went downstairs and to start and my skating dress patterns for dolls had disappeared.  This left me to recreate them.  I really don't like any of the ones that are commercially available in the fabric stores so I have modified them over the years.  I had some notes on my KwikSew pattern and went from there.  I made two dresses tonight.  I only took pictures of the one Mini Axelgirl will be getting a dress like.  Don't know why I didn't take the other one, but I am too lazy to go back down.  



Hopefully for my own record I will do a better job of updating what I am working on.  There are probably things I forgot, but I can't remember

My next 5 projects are:
8 color guard flags-set 1
15 color guard flags-set 2
Mini Axelgirls Skating Dress
Several doll skating dresses for Mini Axelgirl
Mending

No comments:

Post a Comment