Saturday, February 15, 2014

I can have a clean house or I can sew.......

.....this week I chose sewing.  I actually accomplished quite a few things on my to do list

First was a large tote bag to put the flip flops in while the guard was competing.  My bad, I didn't take a picture of it before dropping it off.  Fabric was the same gray and lavender swirly heart fabric as the tote bags.  It was an extremely large bag, using a piece about 44X44 to start with.  I made it from a combination of online tutorials.  Grey on outside, lavender on inside and handles, bulked up with fusible fleece.

I also completed hemming 3 pairs of pants for a teachers son.  Nothing exciting for pictures there.

Next was a drawstring tote for Axeldaddy to keep his bowling shoes in.  Quick and Easy projects were the theme the first part of the week.  I added a ME bowling design from www.emblibrary.com and his name.




I did a Valentines lanyard for me.  Another quick and easy project.  Fabric is from Hancock's and is an allover print of conversation hearts.

Last but not least was a bigger project.  I completed 12 of these pillowcases, each with a guard members name for the goody bags for the regional in Indianapolis next weekend.  Fabric is the same that was used for the drawstring backpacks and the tote bag mentioned above.  This was a time consuming project, but I was able to do it in 30 minute chunks here and there because of the type of project it was.  Unrequited is the name of the show, and they perform to a custom recording of I'll Always Love You.  In Prelims they scored 72.1.  Finals are later tonight.  We will be heading out shortly for that.

As I stated in the beginning, I can have a clean house or sew.  This week I chose sewing, along with a campus visit with Axelgirl to UCM in Warrensburg Missouri.  Needless to say, my house isn't clean.  Guess I will be doing that tomorrow and Monday.

My next top 5 are:

  1. Key Chain pouches for KC Regional on 3/8
  2. Tissue Holders for Cincinatti Regional on 3/15
  3. WGI Worlds goody bag item 4/2
  4. Construct a BSY that is already smocked.  My niece will be here in June hopefully so I would like for her to get it then
  5. Pinafore for doll dress that is already finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment