Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Today is another snow day.....

So I figured I would catch up here.

Not much sewing has been going on.  Too many other things.

I did finish up 3 Wee Care that were just waiting on smocking/embroidery/etc.

Smocking design for this one is based on Ellen McCarn Allison Leigh:


 Hard to see on this one as the embroidery is white on white.  At the neckline is a cross and flowers, flowers and vines are on the hem.  This one just needed the bias whipped down.  I had done the embroidery a while back before construction, and had constructed it when I did the rest of them.  I prefer to do the embroidery after construction, for better placement.  My hem seam goes through part of the bottom embroidery, and I think the top embroidery is a little too close to the bias.



Third is another Ginger Snaps gown.  I did 3 bullion butterflies from the A-Z of bullions book down the center front.

Today, I took advantage of the snow day, before I go back out to shovel snow, and made myself a pair of pj pants.  Everything is from stash.  Pattern used is Simpicity 1762, which seems to run a bit small.  Hopefully they will fit better shortly as I am down 7 1/2 pounds so far since the beginning of the year.  Fabric is a flannel with a sewing themed design that I have had for many years, piping is some Suzy's ready to smock piping I had stashed.  Elastic is actually blue, but it is what I had, and I wasn't going out for some.


My next top 5 have changed a bit.  It is starting to be travel season for Winter Guard, and we do goody bags for each out of town competition.  I try to make things, but it is hard, since we have one guy on the team.

The top 5 are:

  1. Hem 3 pairs of pants for a teachers son.  I promised her I would do this after Christmas.
  2. Tote bag for guard.  Needs to be completed by 2/15  I am considering using this pattern. http://www.pinterest.com/pin/210543351304250197/
  3. Goody bag item for Indy regional 2/22-probably pillowcases
  4. Goody bag item for Kansas City Regional  3/8  probably these heartfeatured600 http://www.erinerickson.com/2012/04/heart-shaped-pouch-mini-tutorial/  or possibly the circle one as the fabric will already have hearts on it
  5. Goody bag item for Cincinatti Regional  3/15  probably tissue holders
  6. Goody bag item for WGI worlds 4/2  undecided
Does anyone notice a theme here.  All of the sewing is for someone else.  I will probably keep some Wee Care or crochet items upstairs by my chair, and will share that as completed as well.  All guard items will be in the same purple print  and grey fabric as the drawstring bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment