Monday, July 7, 2014

Onesie PJ's

Not sure how else to title this.

Axelgirl found a pattern for onesie pj's last time we were in the fabric store.  McCall 6251  While  I wasn't jumping up and down at the thought of making them, I try to operate by the thought process if she asks me to make it, I will try.  There are very few opportunities to sew for her.

The reviews on sewing.patternreview.com were definately favorable, I had several issues with it.  First, I didn't like the way the zipper went in, so I did my own thing.  Part of the problem was I had a hard time finding the correct length zipper, and had to use a seperating jacket zipper.  If there is a next time I would also leave the back seam open until the zipper is in to make it easier to stitch it down.  My fleece had enough stretch according to the pattern, but would not stretch enough to make the cuffs.  I ended up cutting a tshirt I had stashed that was close enough in color to use.

As far as sizing, I made a medium, and it is a little big.  I think I could go down a size.  The cuffs on the arms and legs are two big as well.  I think the arms and legs could be tapered in a bit and made to fit more like the purchased ones.

She chose a purple fleece, for this one we used some Joanns fleece that was on sale for 2.99/yard.  She aslo had me applique a  butterfly in a black/gray polka dot print.  Not what I would have chosen, but oh well at least she didn't ask for matching doll ones.




I also finished another crochet washcloth.  I've been working on them when I am too tired or distracted to do anything else.


My next top projects are:

  1. Adorable Heirlooms Sew Along, I'd like to have the pattern traced by July 14
  2. Tshirt quilt.  Just need to do it in small steps, not something that can be finished at once
  3. Matching doll dress for MiniAxelgirls last skating dress.  I am going to try and have it done by her competition July 19
  4. Hem a skating dress for Axelgirl by July 18
  5. Nightgown for me
  6. Finish Wee Care gown 1
  7. Finish Wee Care gown 2
  8. Get sewing room in decent shape, including closet, returning guard flag fabric and patterns to school



No comments:

Post a Comment