I have been in a sewing crunch lately. I put things off until the last minute. I really want to make time to sew at least three times a week next year. There are lots of other goals as well, but that is the only one that pertains to here. I am going to count these as the final projects for the year. There are a few more things in progress, but I will add them to the January information.
Below are the projects I have finished since my last post. I need to do better about keeping up with posting, and sewing.
First is the test dress for Mini-Axelgirls first USFS test, pre-preliminary moves. Fabric is from Spandex House. Pattern is based on Kwik Sew 3508 size 10 with the hip seam and skirt redrafted. The back neckline was scooped lower to accomodate the criss cross straps.
Below is one of the two dresses I made for my 4 yo niece for Christmas. All fabrics were from Joanns. Pattern is Pink Fig Vintage Jane, which has been discontinued. You can find it on Amazon and Etsy right now. She was given a pair of red leggings to wear with it. I did ME her brother a tshirt to coordinate, but forgot to take a picture. I have seen some pictures on FB, of him in the shirt, and would show those, but they don't show the ME really well.
This is the coordinating doll dress for the above dress. I drafted the pattern using one with an elastic neckline and raglan sleeves from on of the Big 3 pattern companies. I'm hoping she got some use out of these.
The second dress for my niece was a Mary De, smocked with Janet Gilbert's Snow Queen. I had to do the smocking twice, as the first time the sisters did not come out the same height. This was due to operator error, not the plate designer. I also made a coordinating doll Mary De with a crown from Designs by Juju. Dress fabric was from Joanns, applique fabric is from a stretch hologram scrap I had.
This was a quick and simple fob I made, though it was my first time working with vinyl. It was from Bean Stitch. My trimming could be a little neater, but Axelgirl was very pleased with it. Red and Black are the colors for UCM. Of course Axeldaddy didn't understand why I had to buy $25 worth of snaps and snap tools for one small project. She currently has this attached to her guard bag so she can identify it from the rest of them when they are all piled together.
Next are some doll skating dresses made for Mini Axelgirl for Christmas.
This doll dress also had a matching dress for MiniAxelgirl but it must have escaped the sewing room without being photographed. I tried a new to me pattern for the base for the doll skating dress Lee and Pearl 1055. I was quite pleased with the fit. Of course, I made my modifications to the pattern to match the style I was looking for. Pink Fabric is "Lipstick" milliskin from www.spandexhouse.com. The print is one I had scraps of. Luckily I had enough to do both the doll and girl skating dress, as they were out of stock on the fabric I really wanted to use, and didn't find out until it was too late to order a different fabric.
This matches this dress made as a competition dress for Salsa music. Again, I used the Lee and Pearl pattern making slight tweaks to the skirt pattern, so it could be cut out as a full circle so the mesh would not have side seams. I want to make a few more changes to the skirt pattern and make that the standard one I use for the dolls, as most dresses I make for girls have a circle skirt with no side seams.
Not for Christmas, but MiniAxelgirl needed some new skating pants as well. These are made from Jumbo Spandex from Spandex House. This has less lengthwise stretch, but plenty of cross wise stretch, and is a heavier than standard spandex. Peace sign accents were from scraps I had. Both this and the heart print scraps were probably from Spandex House 4 years ago when Axelgirl was doing track and cross country. They would run in Sports Bras and Lycra shorts on Friday so I made her several sets.Blanks Boutique with the design from Lynnie Pinnie and using their Strawberry Limeade font to add her name
I also did a ME monogram on a jacket a friend was giving to her daughter. Colors are not showing up real well. It is a neon yellow with gray monogram. I used the 2 1/2 inch font from here. Vine Interlocking Monogram