Sunday, January 4, 2015

Starting the year off strong.

Since the new year, I have accomplished a few things.  Of course, I expect that level of productivity to go away when I go back to work tomorrow.  Because I am not sewing for guard goody bags, or flags anymore, I will not have those deadlines to motivate me, or cause me to get as much done.

Several things were quick and easy finish up something that was already started, and a few were new projects.

One of the new projects was a machine embroidery hoody for Axelgirl.  The embroidery design was from SewCuteDigiDesigns  I was pretty happy with how it stitched out.  Confetti dot looks nice for applique, but it is a pain to trim.  Hoodie was from Joanns.  Axelgirls school colors are red and black so we did the design to match that.


I finished up a skating dress for MiniAxelgirl and her doll.  I had started this last year, and just had to do the straps.  Pattern is one I drafted myself, using the Kwik Sew patterns to get the basic size and shape of the leotard and sleeve.

Doll dress to match girls skating dress.  Again I used the Lee and Pearl 1055 for the basic shape, then made the necessary bodice changes to match the girls dress.
Axelgirl got new pjs.  First is a ME top with everyones favorite snowman, Olaf.  Embroidery design is from mysewcuteboutique  Other than being a little lower than I would like on the tshirt (operator error) I am happy with how it sewed out.




The t-shirt was to go with a pair of Olaf fleece pj pants.  I found the fleece at Joanns.  Pattern was Simpicity 1520, with buttonholes added at the front for drawstrings.
I got new PJ's too.  Pants pattern is 3971.  I had to make some adjustments so I was happy with the fit.  Lets just say I'm not a standard pattern size.

The top is Simplicity 8922, which I believe is out of print.


This is another hoodie for Axelgirl.  The design is from justsewpretty,  This is the third time I have made this design,   Once for her, and once for me with it saying color guard mom.  I had forgotten what an act of love trimming the letters from confetti dot was on the applique and how much it shredded the thread.  It probably took over 3 hours this afternoon to do the design.  But, I know it will get used.

3 crochet pot holders that were in various states of completion that I finished up.

My next top 5 include:
  1. 3 new lanyards for work
  2. Skating pants for mini axelgirl
  3. Nightgown for me
  4. Curtain for sidelight in great room
  5. Smock 1 wee care gown I have downstairs.

2 comments:

  1. Shurangama Mantra




    oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ




    Ah Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha




    ong pu long suo ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be focused and stick to point are the key factors of writing. This article does with full retention. Embroidery Fonts Free

    ReplyDelete